Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Best thing about SL

Is the concerts.... I know, I talk about them a lot, but then, I'm a huge fan of beautiful music. And all of the EAF Musicians make the most beautiful music.

Tonight I received a notice from Kori Travanti (Kori Linea Carothers in RL) about a concert this evening. There was a little instruction in her concert notice that we should come in ethnic dress or wear a Bindi . I didn't even know what a Bindi was, so I did a quick search and discovered that it's the dot worn of the forehead of Hindu women. During my search I found a store that sold them and quic. Unfortunately I didn'tkly purchased one. I then decided that I really needed a costume to wear too, so I did another search for a Sari and found one store that sold them. The funny thing is that while I was there, another girl was there purchasing one. She was already buying the one that I wanted, so just in case she was going to the concert too, I bought a different one. The Sari that I bought included a veil, and I wore it for a little while, but then took it off because I covered up my Bindi.

The concert had a good showing... dimensions are difficult to photograph in SL so while this picture may look like the place was empty, it was actually pretty crowded for an SL concert in a single venue.

Kori played her heart out on not only the piano but she also played a native American flute. The flute music was absolutely beautiful and very relaxing. During the concert she told us that she would check out the crowd, and that the person with the best ethnic outfit would be sent one of her CD's and a bracelet. She told us that she would send an IM to the lucky winner.

I think I came in second :).... I received an IM from her telling me that she would send me a CD. I'm so excited and can't wait to receive it! WOW!!!

After the concert I headed over to Nantucket to catch the end of Louis Volare's (Louis Landon in RL) show that had started at 8pm SLT.

I had some major problems when I arrived there (without my hair and with my shoe up my butt) so I popped back to the apartment to change out of the sari and into a pair of jeans. Unfortunately the lag was horrible and I never got my clothes right. Then when I got back to Nantucket my music player wouldn't work. I ended up having to log out of SL and back in and was able to catch the end of his set. I didn't go close, because my clothes still hadn't rezzed and I looked pretty silly.

Now, for the worst thing about SL.... the real estate prices!! OMG! It's just crazy and now to top it all off, Linden Labs has decided that they are doing away with the First Land program for premium accounts. This really ticks me off, because one of the primary reasons that I signed up for a premium account was because of the First Land deal that they offer. Unfortunately I've NEVER seen First Land available on the market since I signed up for my account. I'm probably not going to renew my premium membership when it comes up next month.

No comments: