Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sailing the ACA


Sailing the ACA, originally uploaded by Jojamela Soon.

Owen Owens gave me an updated ACA boat yesterday and I broke open the package today and gave her a whirl... wow, what a fun boat to sail.. But lord, don't get caught in irons!! I ran across Patadx who was also trying his out and we raced the new Celebration Course. I did ok and was actually ahead of him, until I got to Kokomo Beach. I took a wrong turn and started circling the island from the north instead of the south. Pat caught up to me as I was turning around and I got caught in his wind shadow on the far west side of the island. Needless to say he trounced me good as it took forever for me to get back underway.

Fastest point of sail was on a reach with the sails out one notch. I found I slowed down considerably when I was on a tight reach.

No comments: