Saturday, September 8, 2007

Last night Gospeed and I went to a Kaklick Martin concert at Luxor (thanks Go for the pic I snatched from your flickr page) Klick is a fantastic artist and has a very unique show. He's been around SL long enough to have created some really cool songs that exemplify the SL experience. His concerts are really fun and really hit home to anyone that has been in SL for any length of time.
Shortly before the end of the show Silas Scarborough arrived and after Kaklick was finished I stood around and chatted with the group of them until 3am. Silas is a riot and read to us an appeal from his friend Bubba for funds to take a trip to Aruba, it's the result of a situation that I won't get into here, but I laughed so hard and haven't had such a good time in an evening in a long time.

Today was interesting. It started out early this morning with a trip over to Circe's Sunset Jazz club with a pajama jazz session. From there I headed over to Sailors Cove for the Tako Cup races and hung out with friends for a while, until I received a group IM from my friend Cecil Hirvi. Cecil is a Second Life film maker and has some really wonderful videos posted on his YouTube page. Today's IM had to do with a photo he wanted to take to recreate a Van Gogh painting. Myself and several friends tp'd to the location of the shoot and were directed to seats. It really was fun and I look forward to the final product which is intended for a RL art exhibit.

After the photo shoot, I returned to Sailors Cove just in time to catch the end of the races. Everyone headed over to the club house (talk about a crowd) for the debriefing, when I got a RL phone call to help out a neighbor. I logged off and returned later just in time to catch the last half hour of NuScore Kidd's show at Sunset Jazz club.

OMG!!! This UK artist has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard in SL. His audience interaction is fantastic and he improvised several songs directed to the ladies attending the show. If Barry White were in SL his name would be NuScore Kidd. I IM'd him after the show to see if he's interested in doing a performance at Sailors Cove Theater and am working on setting up a date. This guy is hot hot....

3 comments:

Henry said...

nice blog!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the review! Would you mind if I quote it? I'm so glad you enjoyed the show, and GoSpeed did a couple really nice shots. Hope to see you at a show again soon

:-)

Jojamela Soon said...

Kaklick, you are more than welcome to quote me anytime. I think you're just amazing!!