Thursday, September 6, 2007

An evening of dancing

I decided to make last night a concert night, not at Sailors Cove, but traveling around and checking out other people's concerts. Starting out the evening I joined Gospeed at Paisley's concert at the Lift. I had to grab a snapshot of her gown, omg, it was incredible. The detail on the metallic flower pieces just blew my mind and I've got to find out who the designer is. Paisley as usual was just superb, singing some songs that I hadn't heard before, plus my favorite of all "Nature Boy"


After Paisley's show GoSpeed had to head to bed so I zipped over to catch Louis Volare. It's been ages since I've been able to attend one of his concerts and I'm so glad that I was able to go. It brought me back to my first few months in SL, when I first heard him play at Nantucket and reminded me once again what a beautiful thing live music in Second Life really is and why I fell in love with it.

At Louis' show I ran into my dear friend Tilinitchief. Chief was kind enough to dance with me during the show (so I wouldn't be a lonely wall flower) and afterwards I joined him at Pannies where Rosedrop Rust was performing. WOW. I'm speechless. Rusty is just awesome, I would love to have him at Sailors Cove and am working up the guts to ask :)

After Pannies, and because I was still wearing my gown from Paisley's show, Chief invited me to dance at Avilion Castle. This place has to be one of the most beautiful sim's in SL. I just wish it weren't so laggy. We danced a beautiful waltz under the stars with a waterfall backdrop. What a lovely evening.
Today we had Alisha Yao at Sailors Cove. I've been able to book Alisha as a regular now and she'll be performing every Thursday night at 6pm SLT. Tonight's show was fun. Alisha surprised us with a little quiz. She sang some tunes from TV sitcoms and whoever guessed received a free t-shirt. Unfortunately her biggest fan (so he claims) Random Torok didn't get the prize and as a jest took off his jacket to show everyone his shirtless situation. From what I understand, Aisha took pitty on him and gave him a T-shirt after the show. I also want to personally let Random know that we truly appreciate his support of Sailors Cove Theater!

No comments: